Pending Home Sales Rebound by Ron Schulz

 

Brought to you by Ron Schulz

 

 

   

For the week of MAY 6, 2019

 

 

YOUR WEEKLY SMILE

 
  Come spring, what did one tree say to the other? What a re-leaf!  

 

   

NATIONAL MARKET UPDATE

 
   

After dipping 15 months in a row, Pending Home Sales rebounded 3.8% in March, up in the West, Midwest, and South, down a tick in the Northeast. “Lower mortgage rates and more inventory won out,” as one economist explained.

Plus, home price gains slowed in the latest Case-Shiller Home Price Index. First American says, “declining mortgage rates, ongoing household income growth and moderating unadjusted home prices have boosted affordability.”

Their Real House Price Index reports that when consumer home buying power is factored in, home prices are 39% below their 2006 peak, and 14% below where they were in January 2000.

 

 

   

REVIEW OF LAST WEEK

 
   

THE FED BEHAVES, JOBS GO WILD… The Fed played nice and left rates alone, but April jobs staged a wild blowout–263,000 new Nonfarm Payrolls sent the Unemployment Rate down to 3.6%, a 50-year low.

More than half the country hadn’t been born when unemployment was last at that level. Investors’ renewed confidence in U.S. economic growth sparked risk-on sentiment that sent stocks up, though the Dow ended off a bit.

PCE (Personal Consumption Expenditures), the Fed’s favorite inflation measure, stayed well below their 2% target, while Q1 Productivity surprised to the upside, another worthy indicator of economic health.

The week ended with the Dow down 0.1%, to 26505; the S&P 500 UP 0.2%, to 2946; and the Nasdaq UP 0.2%, to 8164.

A fairly volatile week kept bond prices in check. The 30YR FNMA 4.0% bond ended down .03, to $102.66. After inching up a few weeks, the national average 30-year fixed mortgage rate fell in Freddie Mac’s Primary Mortgage Market Survey. Remember, mortgage rates can be extremely volatile, so check with your mortgage professional for up-to-the-minute information.

DID YOU KNOW?… Capital Economics reports “the rise in [personal] earnings growth to a 10-year high looks to have given landlords some latitude to increase rents,” up 3.7% from last year, to a 12-month high.

 

 

   

THIS WEEK’S FORECAST

 
   

INFLATION STAYS CALM… The Fed keeps an eye on inflation, and so do we. Happily, it’s forecast to stay under control. The Core Consumer Price Index (Core CPI) should remain within the central bank’s target range. The same goes for wholesale price inflation, measured by the Producer Price Index (PPI).

NOTE: Weaker economic data tends to send bond prices up and interest rates down, while positive data points to lower bond prices and higher loan rates.

 

 

   

FEDERAL RESERVE WATCH

 
   

Forecasting Federal Reserve policy changes in coming months… The market still sees no rate changes through the summer, though sentiment grows for a rate cut toward the fall. Note: In the lower chart, a 13% probability of change is an 87% probability the rate will stay the same.

Current Fed Funds Rate: 2.25%-2.50%

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Jun 19 2.25%-2.50%
Jul 31 2.25%-2.50%
Sep 18 2.25%-2.50%

 

Probability of change from current policy:

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Jun 19    13%
Jul 31    22%
Sep 18    38%

 

 

 

   

BUSINESS TIP OF THE WEEK

 
  Drive is the measure of your emotional connection to your goals. The best goals are ones you’d truly love to reach–but they need to be written down, specific, and measurable.    

 

  Ron Schulz
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS# 266128

6060 North Central Exp #438
Dallas, TX 75206

Office: 214-346-5279
Mobile: 214-794-4014
ron.schulz@supremelending.com
www.ronschulz.com

 

   

 

 

   

This post is an advertisement for Ron Schulz. The material provided is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment and/or mortgage advice, or a commitment to lend. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, there is no guarantee of its accuracy. The material contained in this message is the property of Supreme Lending and cannot be reproduced for any use without prior written consent. This message is intended for business professionals only and is not intended for distribution to consumers or other third parties. The material does not represent the opinion of Supreme Lending. ADVERTISEMENT. Offer not contingent on use of specific settlement service provider. ADVERTISEMENT. EVERETT FINANCIAL, INC. D/B/A SUPREME LENDING NMLS ID #2129 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org) 14801 Quorum Dr., #300, Dallas, TX 75254. 877-350-5225. Copyright © 2019. Not an offer or agreement. Information, rates, & programs are subject to change without prior notice. Not available in all states. Subject to credit & property approval. Not affiliated with any government agency. Supreme Lending is required to disclose the following license information: AZ Mortgage Banker License 0925918. Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the CA Residential Mortgage Lending Act License 4130655. CO Mortgage Company – Regulated by the Division of Real Estate. Delaware Lender License 10885. GA Mortgage Lender License 22114– Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee. IL Residential Mortgage License MB.6760323-DBA1– Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee. MA Mortgage Broker License MC2129. MA Mortgage Lender License MC2129. Licensed by the N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance – New Jersey Residential Mortgage Lender License. Licensed Mortgage Banker-NYS Department of Financial Service. NY Mortgage Banker License B501049. Ohio Mortgage Broker Act Certificate of Registration MB.804158.000. Ohio Mortgage Loan Act Certificate of Registration SM.501888.000. OR Mortgage Lending License ML-4265. Licensed Mortgage Banker by the PA Department of Banking – Pennsylvania Mortgage Lender License 45048. Rhode Island Licensed Lender 20142998LL.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply