Home Sales Slip, Loan Limits Soar by Ron Schulz

 

Brought to you by Ron Schulz

 

 

   

For the week of december 2, 2019

 

 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

 
  Life’s real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up.–Anonymous  

 

   

NATIONAL MARKET UPDATE

 
   

October New Home Sales [em.mediacenternow.com] slipped 0.7% from September, entirely due to a big 32,000 upward revision to the prior month’s read. The 733,000 unit annual rate still put sales up 31.6% from a year ago.

The Pending Home Sales [em.mediacenternow.com] index of contracts signed on existing homes slid 1.7% in October. But they jumped 4.4% year-over-year, and after the 1.4% increase in September, we should see a gain in existing home sales come November.

The Federal Housing Finance Agency [em.mediacenternow.com] raised the 2020 limit for generally lower-rate conforming loans to $510,400 for most areas. Beyond that limit are generally higher-rate jumbos. Please contact us for details.

 

 

   

REVIEW OF LAST WEEK

 
   

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!… In three and a half days of trading, Wall Street gave us one more thing to be grateful for: the stock market hit its 26th all-time high of the year, ending the week with a nice gain.

Investors were buoyed by a Phase I trade deal with China looking more likely, and solid economic data. We had another drop in initial unemployment claims, and a gain in consumer spending for the eighth month in a row.  

Personal income is up 4.4% the past year, with inflation well under the Fed’s 2% target. And the economy grew a better-than-expected 2.1% in Q3, is up 2.2% from a year ago, and up at a 3.0% annual rate the past two years.

The week ended with the Dow UP 0.6%, to 28,051; the S&P 500 UP 1.0%, to 3,141; and the Nasdaq UP 1.7%, to 8,665.

Gloomy global economic data kept investors in bonds. The 30YR FNMA 4.0% bond ended UP .05, at $103.75. We saw a slight increase in the national average 30-year fixed mortgage rate, which stayed more than 1% lower than a year ago, in Freddie Mac’s Primary Mortgage Market Survey. Remember, mortgage rates can be extremely volatile, so check with your mortgage professional for up-to-the-minute information.

DID YOU KNOW?… A recent survey found 93% of respondents in Generation Z (born 1995 or later) see homeownership as something to be proud of. Only 19% feel renting is more appealing than owning a home, versus 30% of older Millennials.

 

 

   

THIS WEEK’S FORECAST

 
   

MANUFACTURING, SERVICES SECTOR, JOBS, WAGES ALL GAIN… The economy continues to look pretty good. The ISM Services measure of the sector that makes up the vast majority of our economy should report additional growth, along with Nonfarm Payrolls and Average Hourly Earnings. Even manufacturing, still in contraction, is expected to show improvement.

NOTE: Weaker economic data tends to send bond prices up and interest rates down, while positive data points to lower bond prices and higher loan rates.

 

 

   

FEDERAL RESERVE WATCH

 
   

Forecasting Federal Reserve policy changes in coming months… Wall Street feels the Fed’s recent rate cut will be its last until we get to spring. Note: In the lower chart, a 5% probability of change is a 95% probability the rate will stay the same.

Current Fed Funds Rate: 1.50%-1.75%

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Dec 11 1.50%-1.75%
Jan 29 1.50%-1.75%
Mar 18 1.50%-1.75%

 

Probability of change from current policy:

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Dec 11     5%
Jan 29    13%
Mar 18    20%

 

 

 

   

BUSINESS TIP OF THE WEEK

 
  Gratitude is a good thing to feel every day. Reflect each morning on something you’re grateful for. Take an attitude of gratitude into the day, and your positive energy will prove to be infectious to clients, prospects, and partners.   

 

  Ron Schulz
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS# 266128

6060 North Central Exp #462
Dallas, TX 75206

Office: 214-346-5279
Mobile: 214-794-4014
ron.schulz@supremelending.com
www.ronschulz.com [em.mediacenternow.com]

 

   

 

[em.mediacenternow.com]

 

   

This post is an advertisement for Ron Schulz. The material provided is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment and/or mortgage advice, or a commitment to lend. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, there is no guarantee of its accuracy. The material contained in this message is the property of Supreme Lending and cannot be reproduced for any use without prior written consent. This message is intended for business professionals only and is not intended for distribution to consumers or other third parties. The material does not represent the opinion of Supreme Lending. ADVERTISEMENT. Offer not contingent on use of specific settlement service provider. ADVERTISEMENT. EVERETT FINANCIAL, INC. D/B/A SUPREME LENDING NMLS ID #2129 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org) 14801 Quorum Dr., #300, Dallas, TX 75254. 877-350-5225. Copyright © 2019. Not an offer or agreement. Information, rates, & programs are subject to change without prior notice. Not available in all states. Subject to credit & property approval. Not affiliated with any government agency. Supreme Lending is required to disclose the following license information: AZ Mortgage Banker License 0925918. Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the CA Residential Mortgage Lending Act License 4130655. CO Mortgage Company – Regulated by the Division of Real Estate. Delaware Lender License 10885. GA Mortgage Lender License 22114– Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee. IL Residential Mortgage License MB.6760323-DBA1– Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee. MA Mortgage Broker License MC2129. MA Mortgage Lender License MC2129. Licensed by the N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance – New Jersey Residential Mortgage Lender License. Licensed Mortgage Banker-NYS Department of Financial Service. NY Mortgage Banker License B501049. Ohio Mortgage Broker Act Certificate of Registration MB.804158.000. Ohio Mortgage Loan Act Certificate of Registration SM.501888.000. OR Mortgage Lending License ML-4265. Licensed Mortgage Banker by the PA Department of Banking – Pennsylvania Mortgage Lender License 45048. Rhode Island Licensed Lender 20142998LL.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply