FHA Ups Its Loan Limits Too by Ron Schulz

 

 

Brought to you by Ron Schulz

 

 

   

For the week of december 9, 2019

 

 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

 
  The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.–John E. Southard, author  

 

   

NATIONAL MARKET UPDATE

 
   

The week before last, the Federal Housing Finance Agency [em.mediacenternow.com] raised conforming loan limits for next year, then last week the FHA [em.mediacenternow.com] upped its 2020 limit on loans with down payments as low as 3.5% to $331,760 for most of the country.  

Limits are based on an area’s median home price, so about 70 “high-cost” counties get limits of $765,500. With high building costs, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands get a $1,148,400 limit. Please contact us for details. 

The latest National Association of Realtors forecast sees single-family housing starts in 2020 breaking 1 million for the first time since 2007, the year before the housing downturn, providing major relief to the supply shortage.

 

 

   

REVIEW OF LAST WEEK

 
   

MORE JOBS, HIGHER WAGES INSPIRE INVESTORS… The absolute blowout November jobs report demonstrated that the U.S. economy remains on solid ground and sent the S&P 500 up nicely for the week.

The Dow and the Nasdaq ended off a tad after a choppy week of trading stemming from worries, then hopes, about a China trade deal, and reports that manufacturing is contracting slightly, though the dominant services sector keeps growing.

All that was overshadowed by November’s spectacular 266,000 new jobs, with prior month revisions taking the total to 307,000, and wages up 3.1% annually. Plus, unemployment is 3.5%, a 50-year low, and consumer sentiment is soaring.

The week ended with the Dow down 0.1%, to 28,015; the S&P 500 up 0.2%, to 3,146; and the Nasdaq down 0.1%, to 8,657.

As stocks slumped Monday, bonds did well, but fell Friday on those strong jobs numbers. The 30YR FNMA 4.0% bond ended unchanged, at $103.75. The national average 30-year fixed mortgage rate was also unchanged, more than 1% below a year ago, in Freddie Mac’s Primary Mortgage Market Survey. Remember, mortgage rates can be extremely volatile, so check with your mortgage professional for up-to-the-minute information.

DID YOU KNOW?… Residential real estate accounts for one-sixth of the U.S. economy. Freddie Mac says “the improving real estate market will support economic growth,” powered by “the strong job market, ebullient market sentiment and low mortgage rates.”

 

 

   

THIS WEEK’S FORECAST

 
   

INFLATION QUIET, RETAIL BUSY, THE FED STANDS PAT… Inflation should be up only mildly in November’s Consumer Price Index (CPI). And, hey, those prices remained attractive enough for an expected surge in November Retail Sales. No rate move is forecast for the Fed’s FOMC Rate Decision.

NOTE: Weaker economic data tends to send bond prices up and interest rates down, while positive data points to lower bond prices and higher loan rates.

 

 

   

FEDERAL RESERVE WATCH

 
   

Forecasting Federal Reserve policy changes in coming months… The futures market has a virtually zero expectation of a rate change at this week’s Fed meet. And the current level should hold through March. Note: In the lower chart, a 1% probability of change is a 99% probability the rate will stay the same.

Current Fed Funds Rate: 1.50%-1.75%

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Dec 11 1.50%-1.75%
Jan 29 1.50%-1.75%
Mar 18 1.50%-1.75%

 

Probability of change from current policy:

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Dec 11     1%
Jan 29    10%
Mar 18    21%

 

 

 

   

BUSINESS TIP OF THE WEEK

 
  Long-term success comes from not being afraid to try new things–or, more accurately, being afraid, and trying them anyway!   

 

  Ron Schulz
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS# 266128

6060 North Central Exp #462
Dallas, TX 75206

Office: 214-346-5279
Mobile: 214-794-4014
ron.schulz@supremelending.com
www.ronschulz.com [em.mediacenternow.com]

 

   

 

[em.mediacenternow.com]

 

   

This post is an advertisement for Ron Schulz. The material provided is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment and/or mortgage advice, or a commitment to lend. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, there is no guarantee of its accuracy. The material contained in this message is the property of Supreme Lending and cannot be reproduced for any use without prior written consent. This message is intended for business professionals only and is not intended for distribution to consumers or other third parties. The material does not represent the opinion of Supreme Lending. ADVERTISEMENT. Offer not contingent on use of specific settlement service provider. ADVERTISEMENT. EVERETT FINANCIAL, INC. D/B/A SUPREME LENDING NMLS ID #2129 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org) 14801 Quorum Dr., #300, Dallas, TX 75254. 877-350-5225. Copyright © 2019. Not an offer or agreement. Information, rates, & programs are subject to change without prior notice. Not available in all states. Subject to credit & property approval. Not affiliated with any government agency. Supreme Lending is required to disclose the following license information: AZ Mortgage Banker License 0925918. Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the CA Residential Mortgage Lending Act License 4130655. CO Mortgage Company – Regulated by the Division of Real Estate. Delaware Lender License 10885. GA Mortgage Lender License 22114– Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee. IL Residential Mortgage License MB.6760323-DBA1– Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee. MA Mortgage Broker License MC2129. MA Mortgage Lender License MC2129. Licensed by the N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance – New Jersey Residential Mortgage Lender License. Licensed Mortgage Banker-NYS Department of Financial Service. NY Mortgage Banker License B501049. Ohio Mortgage Broker Act Certificate of Registration MB.804158.000. Ohio Mortgage Loan Act Certificate of Registration SM.501888.000. OR Mortgage Lending License ML-4265. Licensed Mortgage Banker by the PA Department of Banking – Pennsylvania Mortgage Lender License 45048. Rhode Island Licensed Lender 20142998LL.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply