Homes More Affordable, Consumer Sentiment Strong by Ron Schulz

 

Brought to you by Ron Schulz

 

 

   

For the week of october 14, 2019

 

 

YOUR WEEKLY SMILE

 
  How do you fix a broken pumpkin? With a pumpkin patch.  

 

   

NATIONAL MARKET UPDATE

 
   

With today’s interest rates, housing affordability is near a three-year high. Black Knight’s Mortgage Monitor [em.mediacenternow.com] reports it only takes 20.7% of the national median income to make monthly principal and interest payments on an average-priced home.

Fannie Mae’s chief economist adds, “Consumer sentiment remains relatively strong,” the Home Purchase Sentiment Index staying 3.8 points above 2018, with ‘Good Time to Buy’ and ‘Good Time to Sell’ components up in September.

Last year, millennials took out 45% of all new mortgages, the biggest share of any generation. In August, many millennial homeowners sprang for lower rates, as refinances made up 25% of all mortgages from that age group.

 

 

   

REVIEW OF LAST WEEK

 
   

TRADERS LIKE THE TRADE OUTLOOK… Life on Wall Street remains volatile. Starting the week down, stocks rallied at the end as the President announced the U.S. and China had reached a “substantial phase-one deal.”

It will take three to five weeks to finalize the agreement in which China will buy $40-$50 billion more of U.S. agricultural products in exchange for our scuttling the next round of tariff hikes scheduled for tomorrow. 

Meanwhile, the median household income hit a new high of $65,014, with the  lowest 10% of paid workers enjoying the biggest gains. Plus, University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment hit a way better than expected 96.

The week ended with the Dow UP 0.9%, to 26,817; the S&P 500 UP 0.6%, to 2,970; and the Nasdaq UP 0.9%, to 8057.

Optimism about a U.S.-China trade deal sparked a flight away from safety that sent bond prices south. The 30YR FNMA 4.0% bond ended down .24, at $103.64. The national average 30-year fixed mortgage fell in Freddie Mac’s Primary Mortgage Market Survey, staying more than 1% below a year ago. Remember, mortgage rates can be extremely volatile, so check with your mortgage professional for up-to-the-minute information.

DID YOU KNOW?… CoreLogic [em.mediacenternow.com]‘s chief economist reports, “Borrower equity rose to an all-time high in the first half of 2019 and has more than doubled since the housing recovery started.” At the end of Q2, the average homeowner’s equity had grown by 4.8% year-over-year.

 

 

   

THIS WEEK’S FORECAST

 
   

HOME BUILDING OFF A TICK, RETAIL KEEPS GROWING… For September, Housing Starts are expected to come in down a little, but still north of a 1.3 million annual rate. Consumers, whose spending drives 70% of the U.S. economy, should keep it growing, as Retail Sales are forecast up for September.

NOTE: Weaker economic data tends to send bond prices up and interest rates down, while positive data points to lower bond prices and higher loan rates.

 

 

   

FEDERAL RESERVE WATCH

 
   

Forecasting Federal Reserve policy changes in coming months… Wall Street sees a rate cut in October, which should hold through the first Fed meeting of the new  year. Note: In the lower chart, a 73% probability of change is only a 27% probability the rate will stay the same.

Current Fed Funds Rate: 1.75%-2.00%

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Oct 30 1.50%-1.75%
Dec 11 1.50%-1.75%
Jan 29 1.50%-1.75%

 

Probability of change from current policy:

AFTER FOMC MEETING ON: CONSENSUS
Oct 30    73%
Dec 11    43%
Jan 29    39%

 

 

 

   

BUSINESS TIP OF THE WEEK

 
  Stay focused on the value you’re delivering to clients. Keep asking yourself: What am I doing that differentiates me from my competitors, and is adding value to this client’s specific needs?  

 

  Ron Schulz
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS# 266128

6060 North Central Exp #462
Dallas, TX 75206

Office: 214-346-5279
Mobile: 214-794-4014
ron.schulz@supremelending.com
www.ronschulz.com [em.mediacenternow.com]

 

   

 

[em.mediacenternow.com]

 

   

This post is an advertisement for Ron Schulz. The material provided is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment and/or mortgage advice, or a commitment to lend. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, there is no guarantee of its accuracy. The material contained in this message is the property of Supreme Lending and cannot be reproduced for any use without prior written consent. This message is intended for business professionals only and is not intended for distribution to consumers or other third parties. The material does not represent the opinion of Supreme Lending. ADVERTISEMENT. Offer not contingent on use of specific settlement service provider. ADVERTISEMENT. EVERETT FINANCIAL, INC. D/B/A SUPREME LENDING NMLS ID #2129 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org) 14801 Quorum Dr., #300, Dallas, TX 75254. 877-350-5225. Copyright © 2019. Not an offer or agreement. Information, rates, & programs are subject to change without prior notice. Not available in all states. Subject to credit & property approval. Not affiliated with any government agency. Supreme Lending is required to disclose the following license information: AZ Mortgage Banker License 0925918. Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the CA Residential Mortgage Lending Act License 4130655. CO Mortgage Company – Regulated by the Division of Real Estate. Delaware Lender License 10885. GA Mortgage Lender License 22114– Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee. IL Residential Mortgage License MB.6760323-DBA1– Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee. MA Mortgage Broker License MC2129. MA Mortgage Lender License MC2129. Licensed by the N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance – New Jersey Residential Mortgage Lender License. Licensed Mortgage Banker-NYS Department of Financial Service. NY Mortgage Banker License B501049. Ohio Mortgage Broker Act Certificate of Registration MB.804158.000. Ohio Mortgage Loan Act Certificate of Registration SM.501888.000. OR Mortgage Lending License ML-4265. Licensed Mortgage Banker by the PA Department of Banking – Pennsylvania Mortgage Lender License 45048. Rhode Island Licensed Lender 20142998LL.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply